Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tacos

We are not a taco family in general.  Zion had tacos at her friend's house the other day and suggested we had some.  I don't make tacos because my kids don't eat them.  I bought some taco shells the other day in preparation to make them this evening.  When I went to get the taco shells out I saw a brand new unopened box of taco shells I already had.  I decided to try them out.

When we went to eat the tacos, everyone noticed the shells weren't all that great.  We decided to open the new ones and there was a noticeable difference.  I dug the old box out of the trash to look at the date.  The best by date was 2009.  Wow those were old.  I guess we haven't had tacos for 3 or 4 years.  Yikes!  Zion and Ezra actually ate them.  Hyrum and Selah still didn't.  I am hoping to eat them more so they get used to them.

2 comments:

  1. We LOVED tacos growing up. Sometimes it was easier to break them up and make taco salads, which I bet Ezra would enjoy doing--breaking the tacos on his plate I mean. Of course, he may still not eat them, but you'd get him that much closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. He actually liked them. We'll see if it lasts!

    ReplyDelete