Saturday, July 28, 2012

Screw through the roof

We got a deal on an installed DVD player in the van.  It has been SOOOOOO nice to have during travel.  A couple of months ago it came loose so we took it back to have them reinforce it.  After our Utah trip when Casey was washing the car, he noticed a screw coming through the roof.  I took it back in and they gave me the option of using putty to cover the hole or going through claims and getting it fixed at a body shop.  Luckily Casey advised me to get it done right so began the long and grueling task of working with insurance. 

We found the most amazing body shop through this ordeal.  The owner was so incredibly honest and went above and beyond.  He helped me negotiate with the insurance company and things turned out very well.  Needless to say the DVD player is more secure now than it ever was before and they even fixed a part in the car that was falling off due to the installation.  I wish I could take it there for my mechanical problems also but he is friends with my mechanic, who is also very good and honest, and he doesn't want to take away his business.  I have never found more honest mechanics in one city before!

The kids loved our rental van.  It was a black Kia.  Now whenever Ezra sees any shiny black vehicle, he asks, "Is that our rental car?"

No comments:

Post a Comment