Hyrum has a little trouble with OCD lately. When he builds things or sees things he likes, he really wants to remember them. Either he asks me to remember them or he has to take a picture. He did this a year ago but had been fine since until something triggered it to start up again.
A couple of weeks ago, Hyrum was building a space ship out of blocks. Ezra knocked it down (as little brothers do) before I had seen it or he had gotten a picture. He had a breakdown trying to remember exactly how it was built. We had to run to Jujitzu so I made him stop building and go out to the car.
When he came downstairs to put on his shoes, I was talking to him. He said, "shhhhh." I asked him why and he said, "because I am trying to listen to the spirit." It ended up that he had said a prayer asking for help remembering how to build the spaceship and was listening for the spirit to tell him "yes" or "no" when he thought of where to place the blocks. What faith.
After Jujitzu, he ended up remembering and all was resolved. Thank goodness!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment